Thursday, November 29, 2012

Vs2R SS 2013

What an exciting collection...such creative vision!




























Name/Brand name
Vincenzo Somarrelli/Vs2R.

Education
"A three-year course in Fashion Design at the Istituto Europeo di Design. Previously I had attended the faculty of environmental engineering at the Bologna University.

" At the moment...
"I am the owner/creative director of Vs2R, and I'm working on the third collection, the FW 2013/14".

What's next…
"I will keep on working on my shoewear line and maybe start new lines of handbags and small leather goods."

Your personal style
"My style revolves around the balance between a markedly geometrical and structured design and soft, cozy lines."

Favorite designers/All time icons
"Gianfranco Ferrè and Hussein Chalayan for clothing, Camilla Skovgaard and Nicholas Kirkwood for shoewear. My icon is Karl Lagerfeld."

A special thanks to
"To my family who supported all my choices even when most people thought they were just made on a whim or an impulse."

Never without/Never with
"Never without high heels. Never with an outfit entirely bought from a store, I think that we should all have fun creating our own style."

What would you have done if you hadn't become a fashion designer?
"If I hadn’t become a fashion designer I would have taken a degree in engineering."

The biggest dream
"Keeping passion and carelessness at the heart of my job and of the creative process in itself, as very often the difficulties we have to face, especially at the beginning, make us forget that what we are doing is making our dreams come true."

Hometown
San Giovanni Rotondo (Foggia, Italy). Current city "Milan."

Describe fashion in three words
"Function follows Form."

Where do you get your inspiration from?
"From architecture, in particular I have always been fascinated by metal/concrete/wood structures and mostly by bridges with their idea of connecting and joining different places and elements."

What is your relationship with materials?
"I have always considered materials as a medium to give life and shape to my projects, and the choice is always instinctive rather than rational."

(Vogue.it)

No comments:

Post a Comment